Does anyone have a white paper regarding this topic? I am currently analyzing an iPhone 5 for Snapchat data. I am looking specifically for a file that will identify Snapchat. I have done Google research…..I have also contacted Snapchat for information. I have not heard from Snapchat and Google gave me information for a iPhone 4 which may or may not be relevant. Any information is helpful!
Thank you in advance.
I was unable to find whitepapers but I can help you out with some quick suggestions -
1. Observer and understand the basic working of Snapchat.
2. Make use of Android devices (the most commonly used) for understanding the working.
3. Examine each and every snap that is being sent or received.
4. Make use of any trusted renowned tool for forensic examination.
5. The default location of Snapchat data is - data/data/com.snapchat.android folder.
Snapchat files in iPhone are located in \com.toyopagroup.picaboo\ folder.
We support data parsing from Snapchat (Android, iOS) in Oxygen Forensic Suite software.
If you need any further advice we are always ready to help.