Notifications
Clear all

What would you like to see in 2005?

11 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Jamie
(@jamie)

So, another year ahead of us. What would you like to see in the next 12 months as far as computer forensics is concerned? Better legislation? Better software? Bigger budgets?

Jamie

Posted : 06/01/2005 4:44 pm
(@gmarshall139)
Reputable Member

More business!!! At least on the private side.

Also hope that Encase ver. 5 is relatively bug free out of the gate (due out this quarter). Especially since I've already paid for it.

I guess a greater awareness of Computer Forensics and the potential for it throughout the business world.

And Jamie I hope to see your board continue to grow, You've done a great job with it.

A Happy New Year to all,

Posted : 06/01/2005 9:04 pm
Jamie
(@jamie)

Many thanks, much appreciated.

I knew it wouldn't be long before someone mentioned the new version of EnCase (and rightly so). Anything in particular you're looking forward to in version 5?

Jamie

Posted : 07/01/2005 3:39 pm
(@gmarshall139)
Reputable Member

Regarding Encase Ver. 5, nothing particular, but I've been very impressed with each version upgrade thusfar and just look forward to seeing what they've come up with now.

Posted : 07/01/2005 4:10 pm
(@babbasmith)

I am looking forward for growing the market of forensic tools for working with PDAs and cell phones, as long as other gadgets.

Posted : 07/01/2005 9:16 pm
Jamie
(@jamie)

Yes indeed. To be honest I had thought that last year would have been a "bigger" year for that type of thing but it didn't really happen (although there were one or two notable events).

Jamie

Posted : 08/01/2005 1:52 pm
Jamie
(@jamie)

If I can be forgiven for answering my own question I thought I'd mention something I'm looking forward to in 2005, namely Brian Carrier's "File System Forensic Analysis" book. According to Amazon UK it's due out March 22nd so not too long to wait…

Jamie

Posted : 08/01/2005 9:59 pm
(@Anonymous)

we paid for encase as well. i just pray it dosen't blow up upon inital release!! 🙂 smart's newest release is quite amazing too! the raid recognition is amazing.

Regarding Encase Ver. 5, nothing particular, but I've been very impressed with each version upgrade thusfar and just look forward to seeing what they've come up with now.

Posted : 23/01/2005 2:39 am
Jamie
(@jamie)

How much use is SMART getting "in the field"? Is it becoming more popular?

Jamie

Posted : 25/01/2005 12:10 pm
(@iscbaltazar)

I would like to see more Forensic Challanges, it helps us to keep on our toes and you never know maybe one mans solution can be a one man help.

Posted : 01/02/2005 6:02 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: