Android devices with PIN screen lock and without USBdeb. on

15 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@thomass30)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Hello
I'm relatively new to Mobile Forensics so please be understanding )
Is there any technique or maybe some application which can acquire data from Android mobile devices which are locked with PIN screen or Pattern and the usb debugging is off. ?
I get phone to analyze and I dont know someone's google account or anything that could somehow help me.
I was using mobilEdit on pin locked screen to collect data but it only works when usb debugging is on.

Posted : 31/07/2017 11:59 pm
Igor_Michailov
(@igor_michailov)
Honorable Member

Oxygen Software, UFED, XRY, Susteen, etc.

Posted : 01/08/2017 9:24 am
(@thomass30)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Oxygen, XRY also needs to enable usb debugging to collect data from the phone.

Posted : 02/08/2017 12:28 am
passcodeunlock
(@passcodeunlock)
Prominent Member

Depending on the device, the manufacturer and the Android version, there are many ways to bypass the screen locks. For some models chip-off or JTAG reading is also possible. There isn't an universal answer for this question.

If you got a specific device locked, provide as much informations as possible about the device and you might get answers leading to solve your problem.

With all the knowledge, for some questions the answer will be "not possible now, wait until it will be possible" )

Posted : 02/08/2017 12:56 am
UnallocatedClusters
(@unallocatedclusters)
Honorable Member

Here is one option to test

https://multi-com.eu/,details,id_pr,16519,key,xpin-clip-with-cables-set.html

I would recommend purchasing the same model phone as your real evidence to test the XPIN's unlock feature.

"XPIN Clip allows you to get user passcode from iPhone, iPad 7.x.x and PIN, Backup PIN, PatternLock from Android phones/tablets that supports USB OTG. XPIN Clip does not require resetting your device which entails deleting data and reverts the device to factory settings. XPIN Clip work without USB debugging, root, custom recovery, lost data, lost warranty - KNOX flag or unlocking bootloader in some devices). XPIN CLIP is also helpfull for forensic investigation where in some cases you can not undermine the integrity of the data (like root, custom recovery etc.)"

Posted : 02/08/2017 3:53 am
OxygenForensics
(@oxygenforensics)
Estimable Member

Oxygen, XRY also needs to enable usb debugging to collect data from the phone.

Oxygen Forensic Detective offers various screen lock bypass methods that require no USB Debugging enabled. Right now we have these methods for Samsung, LG, Motorola and Chinese MTK and Spreadtrum devices.

Posted : 02/08/2017 1:10 pm
Bolo
 Bolo
(@bolo)
Trusted Member

in short

Platform of phone used
* SPD, MTK - as long as no Secure loader requiere you can get dump, pattern by Inferno Dongle or using leatest update from Compelson (in case of MediaTek)
* QC (most of MSN family) - if you can access EDL (9008) you can use Inferno, Medusa PRO (leatest update) or even free QPST using old Sahara or Firehorse (switch from 9006 to 9008)

In some manufacturers is easy too….
* LG - bypass using simple AT commands, Oxygen, MobilEdit
* some Samsung - using MTK exploit can downloaad some FileSystem which often got password/patter.key (<6.x)

Hardware solutions
* JTAG - old method disabled in most of new phones
* ISP eMMC/eMCP - availble in most of new phones where there are signals on pads or even on layer on phone (phone will be workign after physical accusition)
* Chip Off

BF soutions
* as example XPIN Clip as long as phone supports OTG

as other writes….. give more info to get more precise answer

Posted : 02/08/2017 11:54 pm
(@arcaine2)
Estimable Member

On top of using Inferno i'd also add Infinity CM2 that also has nice Partition Manager for QC based phones, plus, imo is a bit safer to use than Inferno. It also doesn't really matter for Snapdragon based devices if bootloader is locked or not as long as you can access 9008 or 9006 mode.

It's also worth mentioning that those tools will work as long as device you're working with is not encrypted by default. Most of devices that were launched with Android 6 (QC, SPD and MTK) and higher these days are so they can by bypassed only on live, working system if there's some exploit working or via OTG method depends on configuration.

Posted : 03/08/2017 12:17 am
(@thomass30)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Thanks for all replies
The phone i was talking about is Samsung Galaxy J1 Duos SM-J100H with probably android 4.4.4
It has screen PIN lock
This model doesnt support USB OTG which is needed for XPIN Clip.

Posted : 03/08/2017 3:41 am
passcodeunlock
(@passcodeunlock)
Prominent Member

Both UFED and Oxygen Forensics Detective can dump this phone bypassing the screen lock.

Posted : 03/08/2017 10:23 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: