Clear all

Apple devices extraction is not working on Cellebrite

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@skywalker)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Since vulnerabilities in Cellebrite were discovered and published by Signal, Cellebrite has implemented several changes in its software and hardware, but specially in PA software.

Apple devices extraction feature has been removed from Physical Analyzer and extractions cannot be succesfully performed with Touch 2 unit, it always fails as PA never or hardly ever failed.

I've been talking to several polices and officials from several countries and they say they are not renewing their licenses whilst Cellebrite does not solve these big issues. The license is very expensive and as Android extraction is very unuseful in Cellebrite since Android 7 was released, investigators only paid the license because of Apple devices extration was very useful but we can use iTunes instead. Also, PA as a parser tool needs a lot of improving, specially when parsing an Android physical extraction, in fact, I always use Autopsy to analyze an Android physical extraction and I'm not the only one.

So, Cellebrite, please return Apple devices extraction feature to PA ASAP.

Thanks.

Posted : 06/06/2021 12:43 am
(@jadams951)
Eminent Member

Ok...feel better???

Posted : 06/06/2021 2:52 am
(@skywalker)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

@jadams951

Not really. I'm just beggin Cellebrite to return the feature back to PA or to solve the issues in the Touch 2 unit's software.

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Skywalker

Posted : 06/06/2021 3:31 pm
(@trewmte)
Noble Member

Posted by: @skywalker

Since vulnerabilities in Cellebrite were discovered and published by Signal, Cellebrite has implemented several changes in its software and hardware, but specially in PA software.

Apple devices extraction feature has been removed from Physical Analyzer and extractions cannot be succesfully performed with Touch 2 unit, it always fails as PA never or hardly ever failed.

I've been talking to several polices and officials from several countries and they say they are not renewing their licenses whilst Cellebrite does not solve these big issues. The license is very expensive and as Android extraction is very unuseful in Cellebrite since Android 7 was released, investigators only paid the license because of Apple devices extration was very useful but we can use iTunes instead. Also, PA as a parser tool needs a lot of improving, specially when parsing an Android physical extraction, in fact, I always use Autopsy to analyze an Android physical extraction and I'm not the only one.

So, Cellebrite, please return Apple devices extraction feature to PA ASAP.

Thanks.

Thanks for the update.

Posted : 06/06/2021 5:32 pm
(@skywalker)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

@trewmte

You're welcome.

Posted : 06/06/2021 11:32 pm
Share: