call to 911 not in call log, Samsung CDMA SM-B311V Gusto 3

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Styers
(@styers)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Working a case were i have the 911 recording and log showing it came from the victims phone. However i can not find the 911 call in the call logs. 

I was able to do a full logical and physical extraction of the device, Samsung CDMA SM-B311V Gusto 3, with Cellebrite but cant find any evidence of the call being made. 

Is there an emergency mode or app that activates on this device? any help would be apprecated.

Posted : 01/06/2020 3:47 pm
(@rich2005)
Honorable Member

Posted by: @styers

Working a case were i have the 911 recording and log showing it came from the victims phone. However i can not find the 911 call in the call logs. 

I was able to do a full logical and physical extraction of the device, Samsung CDMA SM-B311V Gusto 3, with Cellebrite but cant find any evidence of the call being made. 

Is there an emergency mode or app that activates on this device? any help would be apprecated.

This sounds very familiar (from reading on here in the past). Perhaps this thread will help:

https://www.forensicfocus.com/forums/mobile-forensics/xry-log-missing-999-call-reason-used-is-phone-was-locked/

Posted : 01/06/2020 4:11 pm
Styers
(@styers)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the reply, this is an old school flip phone and fully unlocked. 

I conducted a controlled test and recorded the findings. I called 911 from my office, after notifying dispatch first of course, then checked the logs. No history. Then i called my office number as a control and that showed in the logs. 

Strange but it appears that this and other Samsung phones go into an "emergency mode" of sorts and do everything outside of regular call logs. i will continue to try and find an application that may log this as a future reference and will post any findings

Posted : 01/06/2020 4:56 pm
(@armresl)
Noble Member

Pull the dispatch records and the CDR and you have the history.

Posted : 02/06/2020 12:38 am
Share: