Clear all

Chip Off Damage

11 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@the_grinch)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

We got a chip off where the chip was damaged in the process of removal. Some boxes and adapters can read it (RIFFBOX2), but after about 42mbs it fails. Another box (UFI) can't read it at all, but at least shows what points it can't connect to. Would it be possible for me to put solder balls onto the points and then run wires to an adapter in order to read the chip? No encryption on the device and a logical extraction was performed, but deleted data is of importance. No physical support in any of the tools. Thanks in advanced!

Posted : 10/09/2019 2:22 pm
(@arcaine2)
Estimable Member

You may want to check this out. Haven't tried it personally, but seems to be what you're looking for. Other than that, probably using technological pads to connect directly to NAND if pinout is known.

Posted : 10/09/2019 6:09 pm
(@the_grinch)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Thanks this proved to be very helpful!

Posted : 10/09/2019 6:56 pm
(@arcaine2)
Estimable Member

Let us know if you'll have any positive results. I'm curious.

Posted : 10/09/2019 8:36 pm
(@the_grinch)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Will do! Solder balls will be here today and the glass should be here tomorrow. Have a few other things to work on so it will be a Monday job.

Posted : 11/09/2019 5:38 pm
(@the_grinch)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Didn't end up working. These cheap phones have so much glue that it just ends up ruining the chip when chipping it off. Thankfully I am going to an ISP course.

Posted : 16/09/2019 11:50 pm
(@henrynicolas)

In the personal use Easy Z3X Jtag PLus and Accesories

Posted : 28/10/2019 5:30 pm
(@msbettyhunt)

Didn't end up working. These cheap phones have so much glue that it just ends up ruining the chip when chipping it off. Thankfully I am going to an ISP course.

Does the ISP course make anyone perfect in handling the Mobile phones isue?

Posted : 04/12/2019 9:57 am
(@the_grinch)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I wouldn't say it makes you perfect, but you would be soldering onto the board instead of heating the chip to take it off. Definitely a safer option.

Posted : 04/12/2019 2:49 pm
(@elliot)

Multi-Comm offer eMMC/NAND extraction services. Link

This is for cases where the controller part of the chip has become damaged (which is often the case if a chip IDs but doesn't read the memory). This option would be something to consider.

Posted : 04/12/2019 2:53 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: