Notifications
Clear all

Ericsson W850i & 910

9 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@dkilpin)
Topic starter

Forensics newbie, Could someone advise what software and cable I would use to unlock Ericsson w850 & 910.

Regards

Posted : 24/03/2009 1:16 pm
(@mobileforensicswales)
Reputable Member

Unlock for analysis or ….

Posted : 24/03/2009 1:35 pm
(@gurpreetthathy)
Eminent Member

You asking about handset or unlocking?? SETOOLS supports that model i think.

Posted : 24/03/2009 2:43 pm
(@trewmte)
Noble Member

If you are handling evidence handsets - WARNING - unlocking can alter stored data on the handset.

Posted : 24/03/2009 8:23 pm
bigjon
(@bigjon)
Estimable Member

I have taken locks off samsungs before now using code *2767*2878#
however I have never done this on a phone I needed to examine,just friends and colleagues plus tests but I couldnt find whether it altered any data

Posted : 24/03/2009 9:11 pm
(@trewmte)
Noble Member

I couldnt find whether it altered any data

Because unlocking mobile phones from a particular network is not just about unlocking but some makes/models require debranding also, in some instances, and in others a firmware upgrade is needed. This can lose the screen wash logo (can disappear), alter calendars, lose entries in call history/phonebook, lose user profiling etc etc…

|……………………………………|||
|…………..Unlock……………….||'|";,__
|…………lose data………………|| —**-)
|_…_…____________======||_|_|__–]
"(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''*|(@)(@)*****" (@)

Posted : 24/03/2009 11:16 pm
(@jacko)

BEWARE when using *# codes for unlocking!!!! I have tested this method for the resetting of handset security codes on Samsungs and found that the handset contacts and call list data were deleted!!!
I agree with you Trew re loss of data but where I have merely read the handset codes (using tools such as SHU Box etc) I found no loss of data, although certain files may well have been changed.
However, when you have a phone with a handset code applied (and the suspect refuses to provide (or states he has no knowledge of) the code you may have no choice but to read the code using these tools.
If you consider that on each occassion you discovered a handset code applied and the examination was terminated (due to fear of breaching ACPO Guidelines) it would soon become common knowledge amongst the criminal fraternity and we could end up losing vital evidence for fear of changing certain files (which may be of no or minimal evidential value when considering the overall picture/incident/offence)!!!
By this I mean that if the SMS folders were of extreme importance in a case (and you had trialed/tested an exact model of the handset previously to acquire the security code and to confirm that no loss of folder data had occurred) should we not be using all options available (within reason) to either prove/disprove the offence.
Undoubtedly there will be many and varied opinions on such a topic and I welcome your comments folks.

Jacko.

Posted : 25/03/2009 11:31 am
(@jeeva)

Use unlock code to unlock your mobile is the best way to unlock the mobile..Visit here http//www.prounlocking.com/unlock-your-phone/rs8wp2/ It provides unlock code and instructions…By using this you can unlock successfully..

Posted : 01/04/2010 4:18 pm
alex101
(@alex101)
Estimable Member

Use unlock code to unlock your mobile is the best way to unlock the mobile..Visit here http//www.prounlocking.com/unlock-your-phone/rs8wp2/ It provides unlock code and instructions…By using this you can unlock successfully..

Warning.. this is a solution to unlock the device from the network NOT remove a user handset lock!

Posted : 01/04/2010 4:59 pm
Share: