How to extract data from mini phones like Zanco

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
Thomas
(@thomas)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

In our forensics lab we have tooling like the UFED Pro. Although we extract data from a lot of mobile phones, the smallest phone gives us a headegg… We still haven't find a solution to read the data from this kind of mini phones, for example the Zanco ( https://worldssmallestphone.com/). Almost no memory, but still enough for 300 numbers, 50 sms, 50 message and 50 in/out call records. Does someone here has find a solution to read this data?

Posted : 21/08/2019 2:02 pm
(@danielb)
Eminent Member

MSAB XRY is good for alot of the Zanco and other similar "prison" phones
In UFED there is also the Coolsand profile that works for "Physical extraction while bypassing lock & decoding
support for 10 Coolsand family devices including GTstarBM50 BT Headset Phone, YamaYahoo BM50, WIKO Lubi4,
WIKO Riff 2, Donod 5130c, Donod D906 and Donod D908" (took from Cellebrite's own release notes) which are other common "prison" phones.

Alot of these types of phones as well will require you to take the casing off to plug a standard Micro USB connector into them or alternatively if you have a cable with a longer plug part you can use that.
Another quirk is they often have a reset button which you may need to press to get the handset to power up/connect.

Posted : 21/08/2019 3:31 pm
4n6Matt
(@4n6matt)

Id agree XRY is normally good with these types of phones.

Treat them as a bio hazard just in case (sheets down, gloves etc…) I dont think i need to explain why.

Posted : 24/08/2019 5:37 pm
(@armresl)
Noble Member

I'll take an explanation.

Id agree XRY is normally good with these types of phones.

Treat them as a bio hazard just in case (sheets down, gloves etc…) I dont think i need to explain why.

Posted : 24/08/2019 11:05 pm
jaclaz
(@jaclaz)
Illustrious Member

I'll take an explanation.

In some cases these phones are kept in - let's say particular - places.

The jargon name is "beat the boss", a related article

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/zngpz4/prison-phones-that-go-up-your-b*m

jaclaz

Posted : 25/08/2019 8:36 am
(@lacsap65)

Found the solution to extract data from Zanco mini phones, using UFED 2 touch. Search in the menu for “Chinese phones BM70 L8 Star”. Connect cable A with T-100. The same works for the GTStar mini phone.

Posted : 13/09/2019 6:11 pm
Share: