I did decrypted WeChat EnMicroMsg.db

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@gorvq7222)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Hi guys,

Last month I participated AccessData Webinar, they said they're still working on how to decrypt WeChat EnMicroMsg.db.

A friend of mine she wanted me to help her dig out her boy friend's WeChat chat messages on his android phone. I tried to do the task couple days ago. Thanks for SQLCipher is open source. I did decrypted WeChat EnMicroMsg.db for her.

Maybe you guys could not recognize Chinese character well, it's OK.. You guys could take a look at screenshot to see how I did it as below link, that's my blogs.
http//www.cnblogs.com/pieces0310/p/WeChat.html

Rick

Posted : 06/01/2015 8:06 am
(@harshbehl)
Trusted Member

It would be really helpful if you can somehow elaborate the procedure in English. If possible

Posted : 06/01/2015 12:34 pm
jaclaz
(@jaclaz)
Illustrious Member

It would be really helpful if you can somehow elaborate the procedure in English. If possible

It doesn't seem that difficult with google translate.

In pseudo code 😯
SET IMEI=Read(* # 06 #)
SET UIN=GetUin(from system_config_prefs.xml)
SET WholeMD5=MD5Calc(%IMEI%&%UIN%)
SET Pragmakey=%WholeMD5~0,7%

@gorvq7222
Thanks for sharing your soution/method D .

jaclaz

Posted : 06/01/2015 5:39 pm
(@gorvq7222)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Hi guys,

Acutally I will write an article in English,and with both Windows and Linux SQLCipher tools. I'd like to share you guys. but I'm a little busy sorry..how about this weekend. I'll write it in English.

As to Google translate, my personal option is terrible .. D there must be some error during Google translate.. …some smart guy look at screenshot and know how to do then.

Congratulations if you succeed on decrypting WeChat db. if not succeed yet, wait for English version this weekend…

Rick

Posted : 07/01/2015 8:11 am
jaclaz
(@jaclaz)
Illustrious Member

As to Google translate, my personal option is terrible .. D there must be some error during Google translate..

It greatly depends on the "couple of languages".

Chinese is seemingly very different (apart the actual characters/ideograms) from western languages, usually (and strangely enough) google translate is often better in translating Chinese to Italian than it is to translate to English.

But you know, the risk of something to sound "bad" or "inappropriate" in the other language always exists wink
http//www.snopes.com/cokelore/tadpole.asp

jaclaz

Posted : 07/01/2015 4:37 pm
(@gorvq7222)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Since Jaclaz mention about translation…maybe some people have a good listening and even could speak Chinese. but it is really difficult for foreigners to write Chinese characters…no matter Simplified or Traditional Chinese character…

I could share some experience with you guys…Some forensic products do not support Chinese character well…I found this problem when doing raw keyword search and index search…If those company want their products to be popular in Chinese market, they should take it into consideration.

It's late and I am exhausted..Sorry I will show you guys how to decrypt WeChat EnMicroMsg.db in English…but not now…it's coming soon..couple days later after I finish an important project. Thanks for your patience.

Rick

Posted : 07/01/2015 8:39 pm
(@gorvq7222)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Hi ,

Sorry for having kept you waiting guys~
the Englist verion - how to extract and decrypt WeChat EnMicromsg.db
http//www.cnblogs.com/pieces0310/p/4216182.html

Rick

Posted : 11/01/2015 8:45 am
Share: