Clear all

Oxygen MTK Extraction - Oppo A31 - problem

8 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@martin_p)
Topic starter

Hi Everyone,
I have a problem with MTK data extraction in Oxygen Forensic Detective with Oppo A31 (CPH2015).
I did an extraction, a physical dump was made and the keys were exported.

When trying to import, it asks for a password to decrypt the data.
After entering the password (the phone's screen pin), it says that the password is incorrect.
Any ideas what might be wrong?

--
Martin

Posted : 21/10/2022 10:14 pm
I.am.j reacted
OxygenForensics
(@oxygenforensics)
Estimable Member

Hello, Martin. Please contact our support team directly and send log files from the extraction folder. 

Posted : 24/10/2022 11:05 am
(@i-am-j)

@oxygenforensics Hello, I have a problem with the preloader file for identifying Samsung phone model a325f with mt6769 chipset, can you send me the file?

Posted : 25/10/2022 3:08 pm
(@martin_p)
Topic starter

I've the same with Oppo A12 (CPH2083), after extraction "password is incorrect". I think the problem is with exported keys. What's the structure of the keys.json file? I've:
MTK_ME_ID, MTK_CHID and ChainType.
MTK _CHID and ChainType is the same for Oppo A12 and Oppo A31.

Posted : 25/10/2022 3:22 pm
OxygenForensics
(@oxygenforensics)
Estimable Member

@i-am-j MTK-based Samsung devices are not supported by our MTK Android Dump method yet.

Posted : 26/10/2022 7:36 am
(@i-am-j)

@oxygenforensics what have you solution for me?

Posted : 26/10/2022 9:05 am
OxygenForensics
(@oxygenforensics)
Estimable Member

@i-am-j If a device is unlocked you can try other methods - FFS, APK Downgrade, or Android Agent.

Posted : 26/10/2022 11:01 am
OxygenForensics
(@oxygenforensics)
Estimable Member

@martin_p Most likely it is the keys. We are planning to release a new version very soon. It will have some additional improvements for MTK extraction and decryption for MT6765, which both of these devices have. We added support for more trusted execution environments, and that might just be the solution to get your devices decrypted. If it is still not decrypted with a new OFD version, then please send a ticket to support with extraction logs and a keys.json file.

Posted : 26/10/2022 11:05 am
Share: