Some of the guys in our office are routinely having problems with QCC notes
The error states an exception error or system out of memory error. Microsoft.net framework
Has anybody had this? keep getting this?
Some computers in our office have never had it and continue to operate fine
Your help is appreciated thank you
Whilst I don't work at QCC anymore, I wrote CaseNotes and can possibly assist - can you be a bit more specific about the errors your colleagues are seeing and the circumstances that generate them?
I wrote about Forensic CaseNotes back in 2007 and the work of John Douglas
John, the links you originally gave are out of date. Perhaps you can let me know the current links so that I can update the article?
Thanks guys, I will get the exact wording from the officers
By the way, all think its a great tool for LE, fully auditable etc
You might like to know that there is a new version which I have written - it's just going through final QA testing at the moment and will hopefully be released shortly.
* Case files are now standalone SQLite databases
* Optional built in SQLite encryption (1024 bit AES)
* User defined Templates for commonly entered note text
* User tabs increased from 4 to 10
* Spell checker added for all tabs and new note boxes
* Checklists added, including a GUI builder to create them (stored as XML)
* Better RTF support, including full rulers with tabs, a-la WordPad
Free version (no time limits) allows 4 tabs, one template and no check lists. Registering for professional version (price not fixed, but I understand around £20 ???) will remove these limitations. Also, future release to integrate with the existing iPad version.
Keep an eye out for 'Blackthorn CaseNotes Professional' released by Blackthorn Technologies (was QCC Information Security Limited).