Quick field based SMS and Call log acquisition
I recently ran across a cheap prepaid phone that kept crashing while trying to extract SMS files with Cellebrite.
Long story short it was a problem with the phone.
The work around I ended up using is as follows.
1. install SMS Backup & Restore app on the target phone.
2. Using the app on the target phone I created the backup files I needed and then wirelessly shared them to my device and transferred them to my computer.
3. You can then use a simple viewing program to look at the files as needed. Below is a link to the .jar program that I have used.
I hope this helps someone else.