Notifications
Clear all

Samsung-SM-G925V  

RSS
evonik
(@evonik)

Hello everyone, I have a question and sorry if it's been answered 10000 times. I am trying to learn about mobile forensics however not sure where to start. With computer forensics there seems to be a lot of resources which include free and paid, can anyone recommend some good free ones to start off with? I'm afraid to download some with no credibility and mess up the integrity of my "evidence", for the time being, I want to be able to extract data from this Verizon Samsung galaxy s6 edge. 

I have searched and found things like 

• ADB Backup
  • Santoku
  • OSAF Toolkit

However, from what I have read, these require me to have developer mode enabled, which I can not do or would not want to do as that defeats the purpose of doing forensic analysis on it.  If someone could provide me with information that can lead me to a solution. I did read somewhere about rooting the device and using something called odis but that was beyond me. 

I have looked up how to root a Samsung device and it states not their website "Before you proceed to unlock the bootloader of your device, you should do a complete back-up of the system. Unlocking the bootloader will trigger a factory reset that erases all device settings, user data, third-party applications, and associated data from the device’s hardware storage." 

Which again scares me into thinking I might delete any information on it.

Info I know about the device:

Verizon phone

No SIM

Has password enabled but not pattern

Unsure:

if a google account is linked to it

Any help will be much appreciated and thank you

I don't want to use the password even if I remember it as I want to learn how to analyze a phone and recover info.

I planned on using autopsy to view the information once I had it in a proper format. 

Posted : 18/11/2020 11:14 pm
Share: