Snapchat/app data e...

Notifications
Clear all

Snapchat/app data extraction on android:allowBackup=false.

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@toddie123)
Topic starter

Hello,

I am attempting to recover several databases from a Google Pixel 3 running Android Pie.

My big issue is that the application does not allow for backups of app data, as it has androidallowBackup=false set in the AndroidManifest.xml file.

I cannot root this phone or install custom recovery such as TWRP, because the bootloader is locked and unlocking it would result in a total wipe of the device.

What I found bizarre, is that I was able to recover a logical image of a Nexus 5 running on Marshmallow using Magnet Axiom Process that contained the databases, and then I could analyze them in SQL Lite browser. The app version was the same, so their manifests should've been the same. So why could I get the data on the Nexus 5 and not on the Pixel?

With all of this being said, I have these questions also

\- Is there a way to install custom recovery without unlocking the bootloader?

\- Is there a root available that doesn't require wiping user data or a custom recovery?

\-Is there a method to unpack an apk of the app, modify the manifest, repack the app, and then install it as an update without encountering issues with the app signature? If there are issues with the app signatures, are there any workarounds available?

Thanks for your consideration and help!

Posted : 25/03/2019 2:13 pm
Share: