Notifications
Clear all

ZTE Majesty

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@fearknot)
Topic starter

I have ZTE Z798 and Z799 Tacfones on my desk for examination. Fairly important overdose cases. They are locked with swipe codes and I have not yet found any solutions. My latest hope was EDL mode and Cellebrite but I cannot get the phones into EDL mode.

Any suggestions from knowledge base here?

Thanks

Posted : 06/03/2018 4:07 pm
(@the_grinch)
Estimable Member

I'm going to assume you have the required cable for EDL mode. In the case of an LG device I had, I initially got the phone into EDL mode, but thought I hadn't. Each time I tried after that I could not get the device to show under a COM port. I switched the USB port I was using and presto without issue got it into EDL mode without a problem.

Thusly, try a different USB port and see if that gets the devices into EDL mode for you.

Posted : 12/03/2018 10:40 pm
(@fearknot)
Topic starter

Yeah, I have the cellebrite cable. I tried every configuration I could think of trying to get the phone in EDL without luck. I researched all key combinations to put the phone in EDL also. I never did find a combination listed for the Tracfone for an EDL mode. I think that might be my problem.

If someone know better please let me know. Thanks

Posted : 13/03/2018 12:54 pm
 RonS
(@rons)
Reputable Member

Both of these models are working with the EDL method if you use the latest UFED version.

When there is no key combination and the EDL cable does not get the phone into EDL, there is the hardware method to short the eMMC CMD line to GND.

For more information approach Cellebrite customer support.

Best regards,
RonS

Posted : 14/03/2018 11:49 am
(@fearknot)
Topic starter

Thank you for the info. I will follow up with that. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Posted : 14/03/2018 4:32 pm
(@fearknot)
Topic starter

If anybody has or know where to find a pinout of the Z798 or z799 please PM me. I have ISP training but cannot find a pinout for those phones. Thanks
Cellebrite was not able to supply any pinout technical assistance. They said they knew of some examiners doing it that way but nothing further.

Posted : 15/03/2018 4:01 pm
Share: