Oxygen Software has released version 1.6 of Oxygen Forensic Suite 2 – PC Software to extract and analyze information from cell phones, smartphones, PDA’s and other mobile devices…New version contains a lot of improvements, adds support for a number of new devices and reveals web browsers cache analyzer. Web browsers cache analyzer allows to extract and examine cache files such as a list of Internet sites and downloaded files of mobile web browsers (preinstalled as well as 3rd party ones).
List of changes in version 1.6:
- General. 200+ Samsung Swift and Sysol phones support added. The total amount of supported devices has reached the 1300+ value.
- General. Added support for Windows Mobile phones: LG Incite, Samsung Omnia, Samsung Saga and Samsung Epix.
- General. Added support for Sony Ericsson C905, Sony Ericsson W760i and Sony Ericsson G502.
- General. Added support for Vertu Signature 2008.
- General. Added support for new RIM BlackBerry Bold, BlackBerry Storm and BlackBerry Curve 8900 series.
- General. New Extras section introduced. LifeBlog section moved there.
- Extras. Added Web browsers cache analyzer.
- General, Drive Y. Support for Nokia N81 phone added.
- Connection. Added support for BlueSoleil Bluetooth version 1.x, 2.x, 3.x.
- Calendar. Calendar support for non-smartphone Sony Ericsson models added.
- File Browser. Improved large memory cards detection.
- Messages. Deleted SMS messages are now highlighted.
- Messages. Added direction and recipient's name in simple format export files.
- Complete list of improvements and bugfixes…
Oxygen Forensic Suite 2 is an advanced forensic software to extract and analyze data from cell phones, smartphones, PDA’s and other mobile devices. Using proprietary low-level protocols permits Oxygen Forensic Suite 2 to extract much more data than usually extracted by other forensic tools, especially for smartphones. The list of unique information that currently can be extracted by Oxygen Forensic Suite 2 includes, but not limited to:
- SMS messages, deleted from Messages memory.
- SMS/E-mail/MMS messages from custom message folders.
- Geo positions (with displaying coordinates on Google Maps) of main phone events – sent/received SMS messages, camera snapshots, calendar events and so on.
- Event log for Symbian OS and Windows Mobile 5/6 smartphones.
- Web cache for standard as well as 3rd party mobile web browsers.
- Last modification date/time for contacts and calendar events.
- Service Center date/time stamp for messages.
Oxygen Forensic Suite 2 combines the simplicity and cheapness of logical forensic software and the extracted information completeness of physical tools. Device Connection Wizard helps you to connect a phone in several mouse clicks. Data Extraction Wizard works in unattended mode and downloads all the available device information in just few minutes. After the download process completes, you can either select the automatic forensic report generation function or use convenient program interface to analyze, filter and search the extracted data.
Oxygen Forensic Suite 2 stores the database of all the analyzed devices, so you always can get back to the previously extracted data or use a powerful multi-phone search feature to find, for example, the needed contact and all the information related to it: SMS/MMS/E-mail messages, meetings, calls, anniversaries and so on.
Oxygen Forensic Suite can extract the following data:
- General phone information and SIM-card data.
- Address book – contacts list containg all the extended information: names, personal photo and ringing tone, occupation details, phone and fax numbers, e-mail addresses, web pages, VoIP phones, postal addresses, text notes, last modification date/time stamp, speed dials and custom field labels.
- Caller groups data.
- Calendar events: meetings, reminders, tasks, anniversaries and other events with last modification date/time stamp.
- Text notes.
- Incoming, outgoing and missed calls history, including time and duration.
- GPRS, EDGE, CSD, HSCSD and Wi-Fi traffic and sessions log.
- SMS, MMS and E-mail messages, including the messages from custom folders.
- Deleted SMS information (with some restrictions).
- Geo positions of main phone events: sent/received SMS messages, camera snapshots, calendar events and so on.
- Camera snapshots, video clips and voice records.
- Web cache of standard and 3rd party mobile web browsers.
- Files and directories from the phone memory as well as from flash card.
- List of installed applications: Java as well as native smartphone apps.
- List of tuned FM radio stations.
Some features are available for compatible phone models only.
Other important features of Oxygen Forensic Suite 2 are:
- Support for 1300+ device models from Nokia, Motorola, Samsung, Sony Ericsson, LG, RIM (Blackberry), HTC, HP, Asus, Vertu and other manufacturers. And the list is rapidly growing.
- GSM, CDMA and D-AMPS devices support.
- Support for all smartphones based on Symbian OS, Windows Mobile 5/6 or RIM Blackberry platforms.
- Support for various hash algorithms to protect the data from any changes: MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, CRC-32B, HAVAL-128 and GOST R34.11-94.
- User-friendly interface presenting the data in convenient and readable format – you don't need to "read" HEX contents anymore.
- Printing forensic reports or Export them to PDF, RTF or XLS format fir future processing.
- Contextual filter in every section, allowing the examiner to quickly find the needed information.
- Unicode support. Extracting and displaying information in any world language.
- Built-in file viewer supporting multiple fromats and encodings.
- Extracting information from Windows Mobile 5/6 devices can be done via Bluetooth and without the Microsoft ActiveSync installed. This feature prevents the data from accidental changes.
- Support for USB, Serial, Bluetooth or Infrared connection. No additional expensive hardware neede to extract the maximum of forensic information.
- Works under Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 2000 and Windows Server 2003 operating systems.