Did you know that Passware Kit can create a snapshot of a password recovery process at any time and resume it on a different computer?
Running a password recovery attack, especially for multiple files or drives, might be a long process that requires a lot of hardware resources.
In some cases, it might be necessary to put an attack on hold to launch a different attack, or to resume the same attack on a more powerful hardware setup with multiple Passware Kit Agents.The state of the password recovery attack can be saved at any time, and it can be resumed later or transferred to a different computer. The attack state is saved to a Passware Job file, with all the files and/or disk images that are necessary to resume the attack.
This data can be transferred to a different computer or archived for future use.
Here are the steps to transfer the password recovery process to another computer:
1. While the password recovery process is running on Computer 1, click “Stop”:
2. Click “Save job” and choose “Export job to a different computer…”:
3. Choose the folder to save the settings to. We recommend creating a new folder for this purpose. Click “Select Folder”.
4. Passware Kit saves the password recovery state to a Passware Job file *.pwj, and it saves the files to recover passwords for to the “target-files” folder in the same location:
Copy this folder to Computer 2.
5. Install and run Passware Kit on Computer 2. On the Passware Kit start page, click “JOBS | Open Job”:
6. Locate the *.pwj file from the folder copied from Computer 1 and click “Open”.
7. Passware Kit resumes the password recovery state for the target files. Click “Recover” to resume the password recovery process:
8. The password recovery process is resumed on Computer 2:
The passwords have been successfully recovered on Computer 2!
PRICING AND AVAILABILITY
Passware Kit Forensic is available directly from Passware and a network of resellers worldwide. The price is $1,095 with one year of free updates. Additional product information and screenshots are available at http://www.passware.com/pkf.
ABOUT PASSWARE, INC.
Founded in 1998, Passware, Inc. is the worldwide leading maker of password recovery, decryption, and electronic evidence discovery software. Law enforcement and government agencies, institutions, corporations and private investigators, help desk personnel, and thousands of private consumers rely on Passware software products to ensure data availability in the event of lost passwords. Passware customers include many Fortune 100 companies and various US federal and state agencies, such as the IRS, US Army, US Department of Defense (DOD), US Department of Justice, US Department of Homeland Security, US Department of Transportation, US Postal Service, US Secret Service, US Senate, and US Supreme Court. Passware is a privately held corporation with its headquarters in Mountain View, Calif.
More information about Passware, Inc. is available at http://www.passware.com/.