So many things require two factor authentication these days. The apps are a great way to cut out the constant phone verification, but the problem with those Google Authenticator, Microsoft and others is that they can't be backed up or transferred. If you have them on your mobile you can't back them up, which means if you lose your phone then you potentially lose access to all your accounts.
I'm looking for some kind of authentication program or account ideally where I can login and logout to the OTP codes from any device, or an authenticator app that can be saved and backed up and transferred around. Is there anything like this?
If it helps and you are going to discuss 2FA consider those of us using 7FA where even top Cyber professionals are using 3FA to 5FA. 2FA is outdated!
7FA (Factor Authentication)
1) Random Username initiated by Organisation
2) Password number initiated by Organisation using XX number but can change
5) Reference location access point
6) Approved mobile phone number
7) SMS one-time only usage generated code which needs to be entered at site before entering