Decryption of QuickBooks 2016 QBW File [SOLVED]

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
UnallocatedClusters
(@unallocatedclusters)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

[EDIT] - I purchased the QuickBooks Forensic software and the tool was able to immediately crack the encrypted QBW file!!! [EDIT]

[2nd EDIT] The kind folks at The Gridiron Software have analyzed my QBW file (at no charge) and have determined that my specific QBW file is "in QuickBooks 2000 format (v8.0 R1 to be exact). All QB versions from 2018 down to 2005 fail to update the file for some reason unfortunately. " So now The folks at Gridiron are researching a method for me to extract data from this QuickBooks 2000 format, which uses a proprietary "Maui" file format, not SQL".

I have no financial interest nor any other interest in The Gridiron Software, but my experience with them and their QuickBooks Forensic software has been quite exceptional. [2nd EDIT]

Hello,

Does anyone have any feedback or experience with The Gridiron Software's QUICKBOOKS FORENSICS software?

https://www.thegrideon.com/quickbooks-forensics.html

I have an encrypted QBW file I extracted from a Windows XP Home desktop computer which I need to decrypt and report on.

My current plan is to use Axiom to build a database of the desktop forensic image, use Axiom Wordlist Generator to create a Dictionary file and then use Passware to attempt to decrypt the encrypted QBW file with the help of the Axiom generated Dictionary file.

I just ran across the Gridiron Software QUICKBOOKS FORENSICS tool, which at $99.00 seems quite reasonable.

Posted : 09/04/2018 7:13 pm
AccessDenied
(@accessdenied)

Thanks for the update and review of the software. QuickBook and Sage 50 files are something I come across in my line of work. Will strongly consider purchasing the QuickBook Forensic software if I come across encrypted QuickBook files.

Posted : 12/04/2018 6:15 am
jaclaz
(@jaclaz)
Illustrious Member

I purchased the QuickBooks Forensic software and the tool was able to immediately crack the encrypted QBW file!!!

The kind folks at The Gridiron Software have analyzed my QBW file (at no charge) and have determined that my specific QBW file is "in QuickBooks 2000 format (v8.0 R1 to be exact). All QB versions from 2018 down to 2005 fail to update the file for some reason unfortunately. " So now The folks at Gridiron are researching a method for me to extract data from this QuickBooks 2000 format, which uses a proprietary "Maui" file format, not SQL".

I have no financial interest nor any other interest in The Gridiron Software, but my experience with them and their QuickBooks Forensic software has been quite exceptional.

It's refreshing ) to see from time to time a report that something
1) works as it should, i.e. as advertised, without any stupid bug or quirk
and that, for once
2) that the company making/selling it is responsive to customer questions/doubts and collaborative even well beyond the normal product assistance

jaclaz

Posted : 12/04/2018 3:36 pm
Share: