I am in the habit of buying small used HDD off a local computer store and without any â€œspecificâ€ information to look for I am basically trying to garner as much info on the previous user/company as possible from it.
- surfing habits
- Registry info
- documents, pics, etc.â€¦
- Slack and unallocated space.
More or less building of profile (for lack of a better term) of the user and his/her habits, without having much background to start with.
What I am wrestling with is what to include for example in my â€œpersonalâ€ notes. The tools I use will have the built in reporting features that cover a good deal of what has been done (hashes, file searches, bookmarked info, screenshots etcâ€¦)
In any personal notes should I be including:
- Redundant info already captured by the tool that I might deem a priority?
- Info not captured that may be needed?
- What exactly is the habit of most out there? Something standard or really subjective?
- Would anyone be willing to send me/post an actual example of something they have worked on?
Thanks in advance,