Notifications
Clear all

PINOUT SM-J510FN....?

16 Posts
9 Users
0 Reactions
 Bypx
(@bypx)

While in fact as Arcaine write D0 pin is located under CPU then it's not true information that only chipOff is possible - we are able to read physicaly this phone (J510FN variations) without CPU remove

ofcourse I don't accept any method with will trigger KNOX (warranty void) as well close access to KNOX container data like TWRP, root etc

I've done many J510FN using EDL testpoint and UFED 4PC generic Qualcomm EDL extraction without any issue.

Posted : 11/09/2019 11:57 am
Bolo
 Bolo
(@bolo)
Trusted Member

@Bypx to make physical dump from this phone you don't need even open it - it works with encrypted b yuser or generic (not encrypted) version

Posted : 11/09/2019 1:34 pm
 Bypx
(@bypx)

@Bypx to make physical dump from this phone you don't need even open it - it works with encrypted b yuser or generic (not encrypted) version

With UFED you can only perform physical extraction via ADB. So if phone is bootlooping or dead you can't.

A forensic recovery is another option, e.g. using magnet axiom.

Posted : 11/09/2019 2:48 pm
(@henrynicolas)

Only by direct acccess to EMMC and use BGA sockect or reading by Moorc and Z3X Jtag.

Posted : 28/10/2019 6:05 pm
(@arcaine2)
Estimable Member

Only by direct acccess to EMMC and use BGA sockect or reading by Moorc and Z3X Jtag.

Nope. You can force EDL mode (either via testpoint as shown above) or by shorting CMD signal for example, and then used UFED with generic EDL profile to create a dump. Since phone is not encrypted by default this method will also work if phone is bootlooping.

Posted : 28/10/2019 8:38 pm
(@nokiaman2002)

@bypx Do you have a clearer diagram of where the test point is located? I have an SM-J510FN and your test point does not look similar.

Posted : 04/11/2022 10:37 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: