The Certified Cyber Forensics Professional (CCFP) certification is the only global cyber forensics credential that provides a comprehensive validation of a candidate’s knowledge and skills as a digital forensics expert. Developed by (ISC)2, a leader in the information security certification market, CCFP is for those who have been working in the field and would like to take the next step and apply their cyber forensics expertise to a variety of challenges.
According to a recent report from the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), sponsored by security firm McAfee, cybercrime costs businesses approximately $400 billion worldwide, impacting approximately 200,000 jobs in the U.S., and 150,000 jobs in the EU.Demand is on the rise for digital forensics experts with the skills to help track down cyber criminals and mitigate the damaging effects of their crimes on both individuals and businesses. The CCFP credential indicates expertise in forensics techniques and procedures, standards of practice, and legal and ethical principles to assure accurate, complete, and reliable digital evidence admissible in a court of law. It also indicates the ability to apply forensics to other information security disciplines, such as e-discovery, malware analysis, or incident response.
Given the varied applications of cyber forensics, CCFP professionals can come from an array of corporate, legal, law enforcement, and government occupations, including:
• Digital forensic examiners in law enforcement to support criminal investigations
• Cybercrime and cybersecurity professionals working in the public or private sectors
• Computer forensic engineers & managers working in corporate information security
• Digital forensic and e-discovery consultants focused on litigation support
• Cyber intelligence analysts working for defense/intelligence agencies
• Computer forensic consultants working for management or specialty consulting firms
In order to get started and become CCFP certified, interested candidates should download the CCFP Exam Outline to learn what they need to know to sit for the exam.