Guidance Software Inc. (NASDAQ:GUID) today announced the release of the latest version of its EnCaseÂ® digital investigative platform. Designed to expand core capabilities across both EnCase Enterprise and EnCase Forensic, v6 includes the deepest set of investigative tools covering more file systems and file types than any other computer forensic solution. With EnCase v6, law enforcement organizations utilizing EnCase Forensic have access to enhanced capabilities that dramatically reduce investigative time frames. Users of EnCase Enterprise, who include government agencies and some of the largest corporations, can more effectively identify and mitigate internal and external threats and challenges…â€œEnCase Version 6 takes the wide-ranging capabilities investigators expect from Guidance Software to the next level,â€ said John Colbert, CEO of Guidance Software. â€œThis major version release significantly enhances computer investigative capabilities for law enforcement agencies around the world. It also greatly enhances our solutions for enterprise-class digital investigations, including eDiscovery, incident response, compliance and information assurance.â€
EnCase v6 provides the keys to an effective digital investigation including: a strong chain of custody for suspect media, the ability to quickly view and analyze the widest variety of computer file types, including email and Internet history artifacts, while effectively documenting the findings in an easy to review report. New functionality in EnCaseÂ® v6 includes:
* A native 64-bit version provides users performance increases and almost unlimited scalability to handle the largest investigative challenges.
* A Unicode indexing engine enables quick and advanced searching of English and foreign languages.
* Native document viewing renders high-fidelity representations of computer files without using the filesâ€™ native applications, thus expediting the investigative review process.
* Smarter acquisitions by enabling investigators to acquire the largest datasets and automatically documenting the true serial number of hard drives and volumes during this process.
* The ability to create a customizable HTML report of evidentiary findings permitting easy third-party reviews from CDs and DVDs.
* Enhanced and expanded support for more computer file systems and email formats provides for the broadest set of digital analysis on the market.
EnCase Forensic and EnCase Enterprise v6 are available now. Pricing is based on a usage model determined by the enterprise structure. For more information, visit www.guidancesoftware.com.
About Guidance Software (GUID)
Guidance Software is recognized worldwide as the industry leader in digital investigative solutions. Its EnCaseÂ® platform provides the foundation for government, corporate and law enforcement organizations to conduct thorough and effective computer investigations of any kind, such as intellectual property theft, incident response, compliance auditing and responding to eDiscovery requestsâ€”all while maintaining the forensic integrity of the data. More than 20,000 investigators depend on EnCase software, and nearly 4,000 investigators attend Guidance Softwareâ€™s forensic methodology training annually. Validated by numerous courts worldwide, EnCase is also frequently honored with top security awards and recognition from eWEEK, SC Magazine and Network Computing, as well as the Socha Survey.