With a strong commitment to helping thousands of its customers in the world’s top law enforcement, military, government and corporate organizations recover data from a broad range of Internet-related communications, Magnet Forensics (formerly JADsoftware) has launched v6.0 of its industry-leading forensic software, INTERNET EVIDENCE FINDER™ (IEF).New features include:
1. Mac OS X File System Support
• Import and process forensic images acquired from volumes and virtual machines formatted with the HFS+ and HFSX file systems
• Carving & Parsing of Mac images, including :
• Popular social networking sites, instant messenger chats, webmail, P2P file sharing apps, web browser history, pictures & videos, iOS backups and cloud artifacts
• Unique Mac artifacts supported include: iChat, Adium and Amule
• Mac “Time Machine” backup application
• Sleep Image – hibernation file (when not encrypted/compressed)
• Swap File (when not encrypted)
• Rebuild Safari webpages as they were originally viewed by the computer user
2. IEF Timeline Feature
• View results in a graphical timeline with the ability to import .tln files
• Drill down to isolate webmail, chat messages, browser history and more during a specific time-frame
• Zero-in on specific dates in time, or spikes in a suspect’s online activity
3. Improved Image Search Stability and Support
• Native Image support for: E01, Ex01, L01, Lx01, dd and dmg format (no mounting)
• Virtual machine image support: vmdk, vhd, vdi and xva
4. Faster Search Capabilities
• Now offers multi-threaded support for multi-core processors
• Searches run 2-3 times faster on a quad-core CPU
5. New Artifacts & HTML carving
• 360 Safe browser, QQ Chat, Bing Toolbar, Google Toolbar, Bing Maps, Bing Search History, Xbox IE History, Limerunner, Luckywire, and enhanced Limewire/Frostwire and Gigatribe support
• Webpage recovery/HTML carving for Craigslist Ads, Backpage Ads, Ashley Madison and Plenty of Fish
IEF software mainstays include:
• Powerful Search Capabilities: Single search for 220+ Internet artifacts
• Find Evidence Quickly: Get immediate search results, work with found data right away
• Simple to Use: Get to key evidence in 3 easy steps
• Comprehensive Reporting: Create standardized and straightforward reports
• Built-in Intelligence: Web Page Rebuilding and more
• Adheres to Industry Standards: Maintain the integrity of the case, and chain of custody
IEF v6.0 is available today starting at $999 USD.
Existing customers with a Software Maintenance & Support (SMS) subscription can upgrade to IEF v6.0 for free by visiting our customer portal.
Customers without an SMS subscription can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-342-0195 for pricing.
To download a FREE 14-day free trial of IEF v6.0, please click here.
About Magnet Forensics
Magnet Forensics (formerly JADsoftware) is a global leader in the development of forensic software that recovers data from a broad range of Internet-related communications. Our flagship product, INTERNET EVIDENCE FINDER™ (IEF) was created by a former police officer and forensic examiner who recognized the need for an easy to use, comprehensive tool to help perform digital investigations. Since its creation, IEF has quickly become a trusted solution for thousands of the world’s top law enforcement, government, military and corporate organizations – used to recover Internet evidence like social media communications, webmail, browser activity (and more) to support their most important investigations.