Importance of Flasher Box in Mobile Forensics!
It is studeid that Flasher Box is used to recover the data form a dead mobile phone and also used for phone unlocking.
Any one may please know about the Functionality / mechanism of How FLASHER BOX works?
Also, please help in the following research points.
- Features of Flasher Box
- Types of Flasher box
- Pros / cons of Flasher box
- Vendors / Companies of Flasher Box
- Which Devices Flasher Box supports (Android / iOS / IoT/etc..)
- Battery required is required or just it simply connects with the PC via USB and RJ45 connectors
- In which famous forensics cases Flasher Box is Used / any case studies
- Cost / Licence of Flasher Box
Well, at forensic terms, Flasher boxes aren’t that much useful as before.
In the past, before Android, Flasher boxes were really useful for forensic operations. Bcuz, it did provide both the connectivity and the exploit.
Nowadays, 99% it’s about the exploit, and that can be provided by only softwares (Cellebrite UFED, Oxygen… etc)
Meanwhile, flasher boxes may still helpful on a certain level but it’s not MAIN forensic tools.