Coming to London, United Kingdom (UK) between 8-9 June, 2022 is Forensics Europe Expo (FEE), billed as “the only event in Europe covering every aspect of forensic science.”
An opportunity for practitioners of forensic sciences to network with one another as well as industry solutions providers, FEE is collocated at ExCel London with the Counter Terror Expo (CTX) and Counter Terror Congress (CTC).
FEE’s free-of-charge conference programme spans four key pillars:
- Digital forensics
- Laboratory equipment and solutions
- Scene of crime
- Forensic analytics
Wednesday, June 8 will be devoted to data and evidence collection, while Thursday, June 9 will focus on data and evidence analysis.
This year will feature an opening keynote from Vickie Burgin, Director of Science, UK Policing’s Forensics Capability Network, the national organisation responsible for enabling justice by improving quality, strengthening the market, sparking innovation and enhancing local services.
In her keynote, Ms. Burgin will encourage attendees to “Dare to be Courageous,” covering why the need exists, what holds us back from true transformation, and thoughts on overcoming barriers to success.
The conference programme will feature talks from a number of industry leaders. Forensic Focus advertising partners are among them, including:
- Grayshift’s Stephen Coates will discuss “Leveraging an Enriched Phone Data Extraction,” demonstrating how to get around the limitations of traditional extraction methods to obtain a rich dataset from a device, including otherwise inaccessible data, and process the evidence more efficiently.
- Amped Software will offer two presentations. On Wednesday, founder/CEO Martino Jerian will present “Video Evidence: Don’t Take it for Granted,” a talk about the importance of video evidence and the need to approach it with the same rigor and scientific approach that is applied to other forensic fields. The following day, Amped trainer Emiliano Polito will offer “Amped FIVE: The Complete Forensic Video Workflow for ISO17025 Accreditation.”
- Exterro will also offer two presentations. Jon Cook, International Training Instructor, will present “Tomorrow’s Forensics, Today; How to Process and Investigate Data Faster in a Collaborative Way,” and Harsh Behl, Director of Product Management, will discuss “AI, Automation & Orchestration – Help Advance your Investigations with Modern-day Technology.”
- Cellebrite will tell attendees about “Modernizing Investigations – Moving from Traditional Silos to Effective Collaboration.”
Additional talks for digital forensics practitioners will include:
- Mac forensics, the topic of “The Advantages of Analysing a Mac Natively with RECON LAB.” SUMURI co-founder Steve Whalen will demonstrate and discuss the advantages of using a truly Mac-native forensic suite to process macOS file systems and artifacts, which could otherwise be missed by non-native forensic tools or operating systems.
- Mykhailo Rybkin, data recovery engineer at Rusolut, will present “Chip-off Evidence Extraction from IoT Devices.”
- Gareth Balance, LEAP product manager at T3K Forensics, will describe “T3K’s Innovative AI tools for Data Screening – From Zero to Evidence in Minutes.”
- SecurCube’s Alice Fraresso, International Account Manager, will offer “International Best Practices for Investigation Final Report Creation.”
For the full programme agenda, please visit FEE’s website.