In this post we would like to review most interesting news about Belkasoft Evidence Center (BEC), leading digital forensic product by Belkasoft.
This year was a definite success for Belkasoft. The company reported substantial revenue growth what allowed increasing amount of employees and expansion of offices in the USA and Europe. This lead to a significant improvement of the product, admitted by Belkasoft’s expanding customer base worldwide.
This year Belkasoft released 4 major releases (8.3 – 8.6) of BEC and a lot of smaller ones. Among the best new features are:• Ability to download and analyze data from multiple new cloud types including Google, iCloud, WhatsApp, Instagram, Yahoo and many web-based email services
• Extended mobile device support: Android 7 acquisition and analysis, multiple updates to iOS changes, tons of new apps, rooted phones physical acquisition and so on
• Malware detection
• Windows 10 memory dumps and hibernation file support including process extraction and malware detection
• Crypto-currencies analysis including Bitcoin and Ethereum, their apps like Jaxx, as well as Qiwi wallets
• A pack of various usability improvements such as bubble view for chats, new Dashboard screen, better Bookmarks and Timeline screens, showing Hex for all artifacts right in the Item Properties window and many more
• Origin Paths, allowing to accurately understand origin location of this or that artifact extracted out of the box even in complicated scenarios (e.g. a chat recovered from a freelist taken from a SQLite database originated from a file inside Volume Shadow Copy snapshot inside a virtual machine inside E01 image)
• AccessData AD Lab and FTK integration
• 64-bit version supporting even huge cases
• Support for huge multi-gigabyte Outlook OST and PST files
• Network licenses allowing to share licenses among the team of investigators
• Translation to Japanese, Chinese, Spanish, German and other languages
With such significant list of changes and improvements, it wouldn’t come as a surprise that Belkasoft raises prices for Evidence Center license. But it is not the case! The software stays at the same remarkably affordable level, starting at $1499 per license with one year of support and updates, what is one of the lowest prices in the industry among similar tools.
General info and technical spec: https://belkasoft.com/ec
Download full trial: https://belkasoft.com/trial
What’s new: https://belkasoft.com/new
Who else use our product: https://belkasoft.com/customers
Video tutorials: https://belkasoft.com/tutorials
What do the customers say? https://belkasoft.com/testimonials
Sign up to a webinar: https://belkasoft.com/webinar
Get a quote: https://belkasoft.com/quote
Find a reseller in your region: firstname.lastname@example.org