MediaClone, Inc. is proud to announce the release of the SuperImager® Plus 8” T3 Unit with Thunderbolt port – A Powerful Forensic field unit, which enables a forensic investigator, in the field, to run simultaneously multiple Forensic Imaging. The unit is capable of capturing data from many types of storage interfaces and protocols (SAS, SATA, FC, SCSI, 1394, NVMe, USB3.1, M.2), including the latest NVMe SSD, at extremely high speed of 65GB/min, utilizing the Thunderbolt 3.0 fast port (40Gigabit/s) and the PCIE 3.0 Expansion box. Also, the user will be able to use the built–in Virtual Drive Emulator application, to immediately preview the “Suspect” drive, or to perform a quick selective image, or run a remote capture from Intel CPU based Laptops, Tablets, and PC.
In addition, the new product can be used to run a Triage Data Collection application, and Cellphone Data Extraction, from multiple devices, and run Complete Forensic Analysis applications such as EnCase, FTK, and Nuix.
The new product is supplied with Thunderbolt 3.0 to PCIE 3.0 Expansion Box and with NVMe M.2 controllerBackground:
In the digital forensic world, there is always a need for powerful digital forensic tools that can help Forensic Investigator, in the field, to perform a complete Digital Forensic Investigation. Recently there is also an increase need to consolidate many forensic applications and functions into one product. In a covered operation, the data capture speed is crucial, and partial data captures – selective imaging, or triage data collections, are very important. In some cases, where the captured data cannot be removed from the premises, there is a need to perform an on-site complete forensic investigation.
The SuperImager Plus 8” T3 Unit with Thunderbolt port was designed to address all the above needs.
Powerful Unit: The SuperImager Plus 8” T3 Unit with Thunderbolt port is running on a powerful Intel i7 6th generation CPU that enable the imaging application to run extremely fast (up to 65GB/min with NVMe), and perform full Forensic Analysis by using applications such as EnCase, Nuix, FTK in a good performance.
Flexibility: Forensic Investigators must have in their tool box a forensic data capture tool that supports most of the storage interfaces they may encounter on the job.
The SuperImager Plus 8” T3 Unit with Thunderbolt port is supplied with Thunderbolt 3.0 to PCIE 3.0 Expansion Box that allows the investigator to plug many different storage controllers and s capture data from many different types of storages, in a very easy way. Some interfaces are: SAS/SCSI/FC/1394/USB3.1/NVMe.
Speed: The SuperImager Plus 8” T3 Unit with Thunderbolt port has a Thunderbolt 3.0 port that utilizes extremely fast data transfer technology (40gigbit/s), which allows the unit to achieve a very high capture speed. For example, the PCIE 3.0 Expansion Box allows the user to plug one of the latest storage technologies of NVMe SSD (that requires PCIE interface) and capture data up to 65GB/min (using Intel SSD).
Some important built-in Field Tools:
• Virtual Emulator: The application bypasses the Windows passcode and boots the “Suspect” drive or its DD/E01 image files, and simulate in its native Windows Environment. Also, the user can extract some important files and save them to an Evidence folder.
• Selective Quick Copy: For a quick capture, the user can select to copy only specific documents and folders.
• Remote Capture: Complete capture of un-open laptops, tablets, and PC (Intel base CPU).
Consolidation of Forensic tools: There are 2 important forensic field tools that can be used with the unit:
1) Cellphone/Tablets data extraction: With the increased use of cellphones and tablets in the marketplace, there is a need to capture data from cellphone and tablets. The SuperImager Plus 8” T3 Unit with Thunderbolt port is supplied with dual boot OS, which allows the user to run most of the common cellphone applications (third-party software) under Windows, and use the unit’s multiple USB3.0 ports to simultaneously extract data from many cellphones, utilizing the power of the CPU multi-core technology.
2) Triage data collection from unopened laptops: Undercover or mission critical operation, need a quick respond where there isn’t too much time to perform a full forensic capture. The Triage data collection application (third-party software) is being used to seize important data from unopened devices. Using the SuperImager Plus 8” T3 Unit with Thunderbolt port as a platform, the user can prepare the USB Triage bootable stick with the selective data collection setting, after the capture the user can view and quickly analyze the results, and transmit the results over some network connection.
The SuperImager Plus 8” T3 Unit with Thunderbolt port is a very efficient and affordable forensic tool, which can serve the computer forensic community in field operations.
Also, there is a complete kit available that includes the main unit, the Thunderbolt Expansion Box, and many of the storage interfaces, all in carrying case on wheels.
SuperImager Plus 8" T3